August 27, 2019 – Argo Surety, a member of Argo Group, announced a new and increased Treasury listing capacity that gives the company the ability to consider single bonds up to $100 million. Additionally, Argo Surety has expanded its appetite to support eligible customers for an aggregate surety bond program of up to $300 million.
“Argo Surety’s success is based on the sheer talent of our underwriters and their ability to connect with distribution partners to identify profitable business,” said Joshua Betz, president, Argo Surety. “Our expanded appetite and our growing team is a direct response to the feedback we’re receiving from distribution partners. There’s increasing demand in the marketplace, and we’re positioned well to fulfill it.”
Argo Surety also announced the following staff changes:
- Amanda Weiss promoted to vice president, national underwriting officer and distribution strategy; Tara Quigley transitions to a role in Argo Pro, the company’s U.S. professional lines business
- Kyle Davis promoted to vice president, field management
- Bobby Bang hired as director of strategic operations to assist with the day-to-day needs of Argo Surety as the business grows
- Steve Parnas hired as vice president, Contract, eastern region
- Michelle Stukey promoted to underwriting director, leading a new portfolio management team
- Chris Raines promoted to underwriting director, Contract, central region
- Chris Bolla promoted to assistant vice president, Commercial, west region
- Mark Noonan promoted to assistant vice president, Commercial, southeast region
- Christine Marchetti hired as assistant vice president, Commercial, northeast region
Bobby Bang has been director of process engineering at Argo Group since 2016. A graduate of West Point Military Academy and Georgia Institute of Technology, he has nearly 20 years’ experience in project management. His long and distinguished project-management career has included positions at Brickhouse Resources, Spinnaker International, Recall, and Newell Rubbermaid.
Steve Parnas has 25 years’ experience in the surety sector and joins Argo Surety from Zurich North America, where he was regional vice president for the west region, having started as regional director in 2010. Prior to Zurich, he served at IWG Group. He began his surety career at Travelers in 1994.
Christine Marchetti joins Argo with seven years of experience. She started her career at Aspen in 2012, where she most recently held a senior underwriter position.