Pool Re, Britain’s leading terrorism reinsurer, today announces its inaugural BioTerrorism Livestream Conference, to be held on 24-25 March 2021. This livestream event will be the first bioterrorism (re)insurance conference in the industry, examining the threats posed by the malicious use of biological pathogens from the perspectives of policymakers, scientists, counter terrorism specialists, and (re)insurance experts.
Pool Re and the Biosecurity Research Initiative team at the University of Cambridge will be co-hosting the two day virtual conference, which will explore the likelihood of the emerging threats from bioterrorism and the lessons that can be learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic. A panel of experts will also share their experience and responses to the potential challenges of bioterrorism and the risk planning for organisations and the overall reinsurance community. Keynote speakers include:
- Alistair Darling (former Chancellor of the Exchequer),
- The Rt Hon Amber Rudd (former Home Secretary, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Minister for Women and Equalities),
- Lord Mark Sedwill (former National Security Advisor and Cabinet Secretary),
- Lord Des Browne (Lord Browne of Ladyton, former Defence Secretary and visiting Researcher at the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk at Cambridge University),
- Bruce Carnegie-Brown (Chairman of Lloyd’s)
- Hamish De Bretton Gordon OBE (Director at DBG Defence),
- Dr Karin Von Hippel (Director General of the Royal United Services Institute),
- Julian Enoizi (CEO of Pool Re).
For further information, please visit: https://www.poolre.co.uk/bioterrorism-thinking-the-unthinkable/
Requests to attend the conference can be sent to: email@example.com