The International Forum of Terrorism Risk (Re)Insurance Pools (IFTRIP) has announced the agenda for its highly anticipated 2022 IFTRIP livestream conference, “ReCODE”, headline sponsored by Guy Carpenter. The event is free to attend and will take place virtually on Tuesday 10th May 2022.
The livestream conference is aimed at those with an interest in understanding future terrorism risk and will be presented by Nicholas Rasmussen, former director of the US National Counterterrorism Center, and will feature keynotes, expert panels and live Q&A sessions.
The conference agenda includes discussions on cyberterrorism, bioterrorism, pandemic reinsurance, pooling risk, climate change and parametric insurance. It will also premiere the second instalment of Pool Re’s 9.11 docufilm film, ‘Two Decades of Disruption: PART II’.
Notable key speakers include:
- Kenneth R. Feinberg, former Special Master of the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund, Department of Justice Victims of State-Sponsored Terrorism Fund and other high-profile programmes.
- Ali Soufan, former FBI Supervisory Special Agent, who investigated and supervised complex international terrorism cases including the events surrounding 9/11.
- Bronek Masojada, former Group CEO of Hiscox plc, who will discuss the “Future of the (re)insurance industry”.
Separate panel topics on the day will include:
- ‘The pooling debate in the wake of covid’
- ‘Climate change: fueling terror and extremism’
- ‘Where does the buck stop? Should insurers take more responsibility for risk mitigation?’
- ‘The Protection Gap’
Chris Wallace, IFTRIP President, said: “We’re thrilled to hear contributions from such a distinguished range of speakers on the major terrorism issues our industry and society continue to face.”
Tom Clementi, Pool Re CEO, said: “IFTRIP exists to build international collaboration between insurance markets, governments, academics, and security professionals against the common threat of terrorism and extreme risks. This is an exciting platform for leading figures to outline their contribution to building a more resilient and sustainable global society. Pool Re is delighted to play a leading role in IFTRIP and to put on an event that attracts world class thought leaders”
Register now to secure your place: www.iftrip.org/iftrip-conference-2022/
If you are unable to join live on May 10, you are still welcome to sign up to receive access to the exclusive on-demand materials.